Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bluebeary has arrived!

I had decided yesterday to tackle something I was dreading which was making a stuffed animal. I also decided to crochet it which I literally just learned how to crochet so I am still trying to get used to the abbreviations and techniques. I never said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch however I have to say it actually looks like a stuffed animal.

Our oldest daughter loves stuffed animals. In her mind there really is no having too many of these plump, cute little things. I decided if I was going to attempt one I might as well take her request for color, etc since the test case was going to be hers. I started with the head. If anyone is looking for a great tutorial on how to do this I have posted it below. It's an 8 part YouTube video that someone made on how to make these little guys and it was invaluable. I started with just going by the pattern but really didn't understand the abbreviations so I hit YouTube for some help.My brain, of course, was on overdrive while making this little guy thinking of all the possibilities now that I can make and different versions and colors. It was almost hard to finish because I wanted to start trying different things. HELLO?! First things first!!!! You need to FINISH this one first and make sure it looks like a bear. Yikes. That is so me and how my creativity flows. I get quite obsessed about things and then have a hard time finishing things.

I think my little bear turned out cute. She's about the size of my hand and my daughter has decided to name her 'Bluebeary'. She already took her to bed last night. The pattern calls for felt for the muzzle but I decided to crochet it. I might try making the next one with the felt muzzle and see how it turns out. I also made mine a little bigger than the pattern this time partly by accident but I do think the size is perfect.

Here's the video I used:
Amigurumi for Beginners Episode 1

Here's the pattern I used for the bear:
Amigurumi Tiny Bear.

Here is a better idea of how big she is in my hand. Alright...I guess she's a little bigger than my hand but perfect snuggle size. (o:

I should be posting today or tomorrow a new hat I worked on. It's a charcoal grey with a big, beautiful yellow flower on it. Yellow and grey seems to be a big hit right now. I think it might be one of my first ones that will be hitting my Etsy shop. I'm so nervous about that but if I can do a craft show I can do Etsy.
(I hope!)

I hope you have a blessed day! †

b

No comments:

Post a Comment